In this article, I discuss an 18 month old baby sleep sample schedule and also listed the signs about when your baby is ready to drop down from 2-1 nap.
By 18 months, most toddlers have transitioned down to 1 nap. At this age your baby needs 1.5 -3 hours of daytime nap hours total and 11-12 hours of overnight sleep.
“1 nap schedule” well established
There are always outliers. My daughter was an outlier. She still took 2 naps at 18 months. Largely because she was a very relaxed baby, and we had to be driving every morning at 8:30 am and she would doze off in the car for a power nap. On days we didn’t drive at that time, she would take 1 nap.
Signs your baby is ready to drop down from 2-1 nap include:
- The most common sign is not being ready to nap for the morning nap.
- The less common sign is taking the first nap but not napping in the afternoon.
From my experience, it is rare that your 12 or 13 month old is ready to drop down to 1 nap at this age, but there can be outliers to this rule.
Your baby might not be ready to transition down to 1 nap if you try it and experience any of the following:
- A nap less than 1.5 hours
- Bedtime resistance where previously it was going well
- Night waking
- Early morning wake ups
Your toddler can physiologically sleep through the night 11 hours without feeding.
What are your thoughts on 18 month old baby sleep schedule? Let me know in the comments.
You May Also Like
- When Does Your Toddler Stop Napping?
- The 2 Year Old Sleep Regression; They Don’t Call it the Terrible Two’s for Nothing